RHI/MCS Metering Course
Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) tariff payments for larger buildings can amount to tens of thousands of pounds per year.
SWAAT’s distance learning “Heat Metering for Renewable Heat Incentive” Training Course provides you with the knowledge to plan and implement successful Heat Metering solutions in order to claim your RHI payments.
PLEASE NOTE: This course can be undertaken 'on-site' at the delegates' premises. Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Course objectives/key benefits
This course has been developed to equip attendees with knowledge of heat metering for RHI entitlement using real life case studies.
Key learning points on heat metering will be shared with the view to highlight good practices and discuss pitfalls and how best to avoid them.
The following topics will be covered:
- Drivers and metering standards
- Types and cost of heat meters
- Design and specification of meters
- Installation and commissioning
- Operation and maintenance
- Data collection, monitoring and verification
Who is the course aimed at?
- Facilities and Energy Managers who need to ensure savings and claim RHI payments
- Manufacturers, Designers and Consultants involved in specifying RHI compliant equipment
- Anyone who wishes to understand how eligible installations benefit from RHI
There are no entry/pre-requisite requirements to undertaking this course.
This is a distance learning course and covers;
- the requirements to determine the types of meters that are allowed for the RHI, and the technical requirements they must meet.
- The information relating to meters and metering arrangements which will be asked for during the accreditation process.
- Where meters should be positioned, relative to the installation and heat uses.
- How it will be ensured that measurements are relevant and accurate and that only eligible heat is claimed for.
- Ongoing requirements that relate to meters in use for RHI purposes.
This is a distance learning course and, as such, can be completed within a time-frame to suit the candidate.
This is a theory-based course and all candidates will be provided with a distance learning training pack.
On completion of the training materials, candidates will undertake an on-line examination.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment will receive a SWAAT certificate of competence and proof of training.
Candidates will be provided with a distance-learning training pack and details to login to our on-line training portal
Click here to see a list of our course prices