A one day course providing an overview of the relevant legislation and issues, followed by a practical checklist approach for risk assessments which can be applied in most working environments.
Course objectives/key benefits
If you or your staff are undertaking potentially hazardous manual handling activities, then it is a legal requirement under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations to ensure that effective training is provided.
According to the Health and Safety Executive, more than 25% of the accidents reported each year are associated with Manual Handling.
South West Assessment and Training's Manual Handling awareness course will provide your staff with the knowledge to reduce the risks from Manual handling activities and understand the basic technique for completing a safe lift.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone whose job involves manual handling or its management.
There are no pre-requisites to undertaking this course.
- Learn practical techniques for correctly handling, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Understand the latest developments and principles of manual handling
- Identify and correct poor manual handling practices with safe interventions
- Help candidates in contributing to the development of safer manual handling practices at work
- Learn about manual handling injuries and the need for safe handling practices
Half a day
Theory and practical workshop
Although there is no formal assessment a practical exercise and a question paper related to manual handling is given to each candidate to complete at the end of the course.
SWAAT Certificate in Manual Handling
PLEASE NOTE: This course has been recognised by many Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accredited bodies.
Please contact our office (01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
Candidates will be provided with a training pack
Click here to see a list of our course prices