LPG 'Add-on' Assessments
Assessments for individual LPG gas appliances, for anyone wishing to 'add on' to their existing LPG qualifications.
Course objectives/key benefits
Upon successful completion of the assessment candidates will be able to undertake work on the LPG installations, to which the appropriate assessments successfully undertaken apply.
Who is the course aimed at?
Any existing GAS SAFE registered gas operatives who intend to work on LPG installations.
Candidates will need to have either successfully completed the Domestic Natural Gas Core Assessment (CCN1) or Commerical/Industrical Core Assessment (CCCN1), or be able to provide sufficient evidence that they have passed this assessment at another college or assessment centre.
Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or e-mail SWAAT at email@example.com for further details.
Add-ons available for LPG are;
- LAV - Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (PLEASE NOTE: This qualification is required for caravan holiday homes as well as tourer caravans and motorhomes)
- B - Boats
- CMC - Commercial Mobile Catering (PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will also need to hold a core commercial gas qualification or appropriate changeover as well as the relevant COMCAT qualifications)
- HTRLP2 - Closed Flue LPG Gas Fires (Widney and Spinflo fires etc.)
- HTRLP3 - Caravan LPG Gas Fires (Truma caravan fires etc.)
- REFLP2 - Caravan LPG Refrigerators (Electrolux RM122 refrigerators etc.)
- WATLP2 - Caravan LPG Water Heater (Carver Cascade 'under bench' water heaters etc.)
Generally half a day per 'add-on' undertaken is sufficient.
However, the duration of the assessment(s) depends upon how many and which assessments are being undertaken.
Please contact our office (01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for further advice.
This is not a training course (assessment only).
Anyone requiring training should consider undertaking the LPG training course
Practical assessment and multiple-choice question papers.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment(s) will be certificated under the ACS scheme for the appropriate installations/appliances for which they have been assessed.
It is an open book assessment and it is therefore highly recommended that candidates undertaking it have an up-to-date gas publication.
Click here to see a list of our course prices