iSBEM - Software for the Simplified Building Environmental Model
This course is designed to provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of iSBEM software.
The course covers how to use the software and options available within the programme.
Course objectives/key benefits
To provide the required knowledge and understanding for confidently using iSBEM software for the purpose of producing non-domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), non-domestic Building Regulation compliance checks and CO2 emission calculations.
PLEASE NOTE: This course can be undertaken 'on-site' at the delegates' premises. Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Building designers and consultants with a basic understanding of energy use and building services
- Building Control practitioners wanting an appreciation of the energy calculation in Part L compliance
- Building facilities, estates and maintenance managers
- Construction products and component designers and manufacturers
- Anyone wishing to undertake non-domestic energy assessments
For anyone wishing to undertake non-domestic energy assessments, SWAAT also offer the Non-Domestic Energy Assessor course.
Anyone undertaking this course should have a basic understanding of how to use Microsoft Windows XP/VISTA/Windows 7 applications.
- Zoning buildings and collecting geometrical information for iSBEM software
- Entering the geometry and building fabric details
- Entering building services details
- SBEM calculation basics
- Carrying out a survey 'on-site' at a building
- Entering the details of that building into iSBEM software
There is no formal assessment, although candidates will be given a number of iSBEM software related tasks to carry out in addition to a case study.
Candidates will gain a better understanding of using the BRE iSBEM software, and those who successfully complete the case study will receive a SWAAT certificate of competence.
Candidates will be provided with a training pack
Click here to see a list of our course prices