Health and Safety Awareness for Operatives
The construction industry accounts for more than a quarter of all work-related deaths and over 4,000 major injuries every year.
For this reason health and safety continues to be at the forefront of the industry's agenda and is central to the drive to qualify the construction workforce.PLEASE NOTE: This course can be undertaken 'on-site' at the delegates' premises. Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or email@example.com for further details.
Course objectives/key benefits
- Helps operatives gain access to work sites
- Ensure recognition of skills, competence and qualifications
- Raises the general quality of workmanship on site
- Improves health and safety awareness across the industry
- Ensure employers have a competent and safe labour force
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who is new to construction work or related industries (i.e. plumbing, heating, electricians) and needs to gain/update knowledge regarding health and safety in the workplace, or who already works in these industries and wishes to update their knowledge.
PLEASE NOTE: SWAAT also offer a health and safety management course.
There are no entry or pre-requisite requirements
- Basic knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Other relevant Regulations
- Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance with specific relevance to construction work
- Health and Safety methodology
- Risk assessment and awareness of potential hazards/dangers
Specific topic areas including;
- manual handling
- working at height
- exposure to noise and vibration
- use of hand-held tools
Theory and practical workshop
Although there is no formal assessment a question paper related to general health and safety is given to each candidate to complete at the end of the course.
SWAAT Certificate in General Health and Safety for Operatives
Candidates will be provided with a training pack
Click here to see a list of our course prices