South West Assessment and Training
We target your training needs
Logic Certification Level 4 Certificate in Gas Safety Management of Plant and Appliances in Non-Domestic Premises
This training and assessment course is designed for those who want to be able to carry out a gas safety management role within a non-domestic gas environment. It provides the knowledge and understanding required to
ensure that those working within gas management roles are able to carry out the relevant associated tasks competently.
Course objectives/key benefits
Those attending this course will be provided with a good understanding of the relevant requirements of gas safety management and, provided they are successful in the relevant assessment, will be qualified to undertake an associated role.
Who is the course aimed at?
The target groups for the Qualification are those learners who are;
- Updating and continuing their professional development (CPD)
- Developing knowledge and understanding relevant to a particular specialisation within an occupation or set of occupations
- Developing their knowledge and understanding in order to gain recognition at a higher level or any different role
There are no pre-requisites to undertaking this course.
The course covers key areas of the gas safety management;
- Legislation and normative standards and codes of practice that are relevant to gas safety
- Be able to apply the relevant legislation, normative standards and codes of practice (CoP) to gas safety situations
- Know how to apply the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) within the gas industry
- Know how to apply the Gas Industry Unsafe Situation Procedure (GIUSP)
- Know the legal requirements for businesses and individuals carrying out gas work
- Process of combustion, factors affecting combustion and combustion analysis
- Understand the effects CO has on humans
- Know how CO detectors are used to reduce the risk of CO poisoning and the requirements for gas engineers responding to CO alarm activation or reports of fumes
- Know how the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations (GSIUR) impacts on gas safety facilities management responsibilities
- Know how to appoint and manage gas fitting operatives and contractors
- Know how to monitor the operational performance of gas fitting operatives and contractors
- Know how to deal with reports of gas escapes, fumes or carbon monoxide/dioxide alarm activation
- Understand the construction and operation of chimney systems serving Type B appliances
- Understand the construction and operation of chimney systems serving Type C appliances
- Understand the construction and operation of fan dilution systems
- Know the ventilation requirements for non domestic gas appliances
- Know the types of non domestic gas appliances used for heating water, their design, installation, commissioning & maintenance requirements
- Know the installation requirements and operation of forced convection air heaters
- Understand the installation requirements and operation of overhead radiant heaters
- Understand the installation requirements for non domestic plant and ancillary equipment
- Understand the requirements for non-domestic gas fired laundry appliances and equipment
- Understand the installation requirements for pipework in non-domestic premises
Subject to an initial informal discussion and assessment of needs. Contact our office on 01579 348544
Theory and practical workshop with some self-study modules
Short response questions and professional discussion
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment will receive a Logic Certification certificate of competence in the subject area undertaken.
Candidates will need an up-to-date TD Publications Gas Book, which is available direct from our office (01579 348544 or email@example.com).
Click here to see a list of our course prices
South West Assessment and Training, 1 Quimperle Road, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3US. TEL: 01579 348544. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org