Managed Learning Program (MLP) Gas Diploma
An in-depth course designed for new entrants to the gas industry (categories 2 and 3) to meet the core ACS assessment requirements.
The Cert-ain Certification Ltd. Gas Diploma has been approved by the Gas Industry Standard Setting Body, Energy and Utility Skills.
Individuals holding the Cert-ain Certification Ltd. Gas Diploma are recognised as being eligible to undertake relevant domestic gas assessments for the Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme for Individual Gas Fitting Operatives (ACS).
Course objectives/key benefits
On completion delegates will be able to confirm their safety awareness and knowledge in the contents of the course listed and will be able to apply for and sit the core ACS gas assessments, which in turn will enable them to apply for Gas Safe registration.
Who is the course aimed at?
New entrants with no previous qualifications, but experience of working supervised within the gas industry, to enable them to meet the core ACS assessment requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates wishing to undertake this course must be able to provide evidence that they have been working under supervision within the gas industry, by way of a completed portfolio.
The target groups for the Qualification are those learners who are;
- Preparing for employment, new entrants to the occupation.
- Existing personnel in the industry seeking to obtain a qualification to demonstrate their understanding and knowledge of gas utilisation.
- Preparing learners for further learning or training and/or developing knowledge and/or skills in a work area of existing personnel seeking to extend their range of work.
Note: This qualification alone will not enable holders of the qualification to apply for and be accepted for registration with Gas Safe Register.
Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or at email@example.com for further details.
There are no pre-requisites for applicants wishing to undertake the Gas Diploma; however they should possess reasonable levels of English and Mathematics.
Applicants will be required to gain and provide evidence of a range of relevant gas work experience under the supervision of a Gas Safe registered installer.
This is an intensive course and a large amount of home study will be required to be undertaken.
Only upon successful completion of the MPL Gas Diploma course will candidates be able to proceed to undertake the ACS assessment(s) and any add-ons.
Further details can be found in the MPL Gas Diploma Qualification Handbook.
This regulated MPL qualification is for learners that wish to demonstrate they know and understand key aspects of;
- Health and safety in gas utilisation
- Scientific principles used in gas utilisation
- The combustion and properties of gas
- Gas in buildings, services and structures
- Gas safety in accordance with legislation and regulations
- Industry standards and working practices
- Building regulations and standards
- The use of associated equipment, such as flue gas analysers
- Design and installation
- Measurement of gas pressures and heat outputs
- Health and safety
- Flueing and the use of chimneys
- Principles of combustion
- Gas safety controls
- Dangers of working near asbestos
- Electrical principals
- Safe electrical practices
Available on contact with our office (01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Theory and practical workshop
Theory assessments are paper-based examinations taken throughout the learning programme, and course delegates will also need to complete a practical tasks portfolio. An on-site assessment is also required to be carried out by a South West Assessment and Training Assessor with the course delegate at their place of work.
Upon successful completion candidates will be able to undertake the relevant ACS gas assessment(s).
Candidates will need an up-to-date Viper Gas Book, which is available direct from our office (01579 348544 or email@example.com).
Candidates will be provided with a course training pack and the evidence portfolio to be completed.
Click here to see a list of our course prices