Foundation in Small Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems
This introduction into the refrigeration and air conditioning industry is designed for engineers who need to expand their knowledge and experience.
Through both classroom-based and hand-ons training it aims to provide a greater understanding of the refrigeration and air-conditioning industries.
Learn how to use tools and equipment of the trade, identify and handle various refrigerants, as well as service and repair cooling systems.
Installation and maintainence of refrigeration and air-conditioning piping and tubing, electrical apparatus and circuits is also covered.
Course objectives/key benefits
This course provides an introduction to the basic theories and principles of refrigeration and air conditioning, as well as examining major system components, gas laws, pressure/temperature relationships, tools of the trade, electricity for the service technician, an introduction to heat pumps, psychrometrics, heat transfer, air distribution and the essentials of pipe-work installation.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone wishing to enter the refrigeration, air conditioning or heat pump industries.
There are no pre-requisites, although a plumbing/heating background would be highly advantageous.
- Basic principles of refrigeration
- Prepare refrigeration tubing and fittings
- Document occupational hazards and risks in refrigeration and air conditioning
- Determine the basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems
- Install pipework for refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- Recover, pressure and leak test, evacuate and charge refrigerants
- Verify compliance and functionality of refrigeration and air conditioning installations
- Select refrigerant pipe/tube, accessories and associated controls
- Diagnose and rectify faults in refrigeration and air conditioning systems and components
- Commission refrigeration and air conditioning systems
The course is run over ten days, which can be flexibly split over two five day modules.
Theory and practical workshop
Practical assessments and written papers
Upon successful completion candidates will be able to undertake the relevant refrigeration assessment(s).
Candidates will be provided with a training pack
Click here to see a list of our course prices