EAL Diploma in Inspection and Testing (equivalent to City & Guilds 2394 & 2395)
The EAL Diploma in Inspection and Testing course has been designed to provide a comprehensive awareness of procedures required when undertaking the inspection and testing of an existing electrical installation.
Course objectives/key benefits
Provide an understanding of the requirements and procedures of periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations.
Who is the course aimed at?
Electrical installers and operatives who hold a full scope electrical qualification.
For anyone wishing to attend this course but who does not currently hold a full scope electrical qualification, South West Assessment and Training also offer the City and Guilds 2382-12 18th Edition training course.
Anyone undertaking this course must hold a 18th Edition electrical qualification.
For anyone new to electrical work, or who would like to update their knowledge and skills, it is highly recommended that they undertake both the Basic Electrics and Domestic Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations courses prior to this course
- Statutory requirements for safe working practices
- Visual Inspection
- Long lead testing
- R1 & R2 testing for radial and ring circuits
- Safe isolation
- Insulation resistance and polarity
- RCD testing including Ramp test
- Earth fault loop impedance of main incoming, radial and ring circuits
- Prospective short circuit current
- Prospective fault current
- Protective devices (in situ and non compliant with BS7671) and earthing arrangements
- Selection of test equipment
- Hands on electrical testing
- Completing the report inspection and test schedules
Practical workshop and theory
Practical and theory assessment
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment will receive an EAL Certificate in Electrical Inspection and Testing.
This qualification will enable the candidate to carry out periodic inspection and testing and issue relevant certification.
Candidates will need to have a copy of (and should study!!!);
Candidates will also need to have a copy of (and should study!!!)
BS7671: Requirements for Electrical Installations - IEE Wiring Regulations 2018 (ISBN-13: )
On-Site Guide; BS7671:2018
Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing (Guidance Notes for BS 7671) (ISBN-13: 978-0863418570).
These are available from electrical wholesalers or bookshops.
Click here to see a list of our course prices