Carbon Monoxide/Carbon Dioxide -
Domestic Atmosphere & Appliance Testing (CMDDA1)
CMDDA1 - carbon monoxide/carbon dioxide atmosphere and appliance testing - is designed to address the investigation of reported fumes, smells or leakage of combustion products in domestic premises - for example, following the activation of a CO alarm - through the use of a portable electronic combustion gas analyser (ECGA).
Please note: This course does not cover the competencies required to investigate the cause of established incidents, such as those that have resulted in major injury or fatality and whose likely cause is carbon monoxide poisoning.
Course objectives/key benefits
To provide candidates with the relevant knowledge and practical ability to be able to carry out carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide room monitoring as well as combustion performance testing following reports of fumes, smells, spillage, leakage of products of combustions or CO detector activation.
Who is the course aimed at?
Those who hold up-to-date ACS qualifications and wish to carry out investigations following the report of CO alarm activation or reports of fumes etc.
This course is well suited to local authorities and housing associations, as well their sub-contractors and anyone else with an interest in carbon monoxide investigation.
Candidates must hold up-to-date ACS qualifications in domestic natural gas.
- How does Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide affect the human body?
- Types of equipment needed for Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide investigation
- BS 7967 parts 1 to 4
- Fume investigation
- Responding to reports of Carbon Monoxide detector activation
- HSE guidance - documents HS(EH)40 and HS(L)56
- Additional requirements for ventilation and flues for oil and solid fuel appliances
- Practical procedures for carrying out Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide investigation
- Completing relevant reports and documentation relating to the investigations
Theory and practical workshop
Practical assessments, scenarios and multiple-choice papers
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment will be certificated under the ACS scheme and be able to carry out the work covered within the scope of the course.
Candidates will be provided with a training pack.
Click here to see a list of our course prices