Domestic Natural Gas Initial Assessment for New Entrants (CCN1)
A pre-requisite assessment for all other appliance assessments and covers all aspects of gas safety and legislation.
Course objectives/key benefits
Upon successful completion of the assessment candidates will be able to undertake work on domestic natural gas installations, and on appliances, depending upon the appropriate assessments being successfully undertaken.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who intends to work on domestic natural gas installations.
For those wishing to work solely on LPG installations we also offer a core LPG gas assessment.
Candidates will need to have either successfully completed the QCF Gas Diploma course or Fast Track Gas course, or be able to provide sufficient evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge enabling them to undertake this assessment (i.e. be experienced to Category 1).
Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or e-mail email@example.com for further details.
Assessment of candidate's knowledge, understanding and skills relating to the work they wish to undertake on domestic natural gas installations/appliances.
Packages including add-ons are available. Add-ons for domestic natural gas available are;
- CENWAT1 - Domestic Natural Gas Central Heating Boilers and Domestic Natural Gas Water Heaters (Please note: This qualification replaces both the old CEN1 and WAT1 qualifications)
- CKR1 - Domestic Natural Gas Cookers (this also includes hobs and 'Rangemaster' type cooking appliances)
- HTR1- Domestic Natural Gas Fires
- MET2 - Domestic Natural Gas Meters (upto 6m3/hr)
- HWB1 - Swimming Pool Boilers (Please note: this only qualifies the operative to work on natural gas versions of these appliances. If LPG versions are to be commissioned, serviced or safety checked then a changeover - CONGLP1 or a CCLP1 qualification is required)
- DAH1 - Domestic Natural Gas Warm Air Heaters
- LAU1 - Domestic Laundry Appliances
- CKHB1 - Range Cookers (Please note: This qualification is required for 'flued' cookers, not Rangemaster type cookers which are covered by the CKR1 qualification).
- LEI1 - Domestic Natural Gas Leisure appliances (i.e. bar-b-ques etc.) (Please note: this only qualifies the operative to work on natural gas versions of these appliances. If LPG versions are to be commissioned, serviced or safety checked then a changeover - CONGLP1 or a CCLP1 qualification is required)
One week should be sufficient to complete this assessment.
However this is dependant on the number of add-ons undertaken.
This is not a training course (assessment only).
Practical assessment and multiple-choice question papers.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment(s) will be certificated under the ACS scheme for the appropriate installations/appliances for which they have been assessed, and will then be able to apply for Gas Safe Registration.
It is an open book assessment and it is therefore highly recommended that candidates undertaking it have an up-to-date gas publication.
Copies of the Viper Gas book can be obtained prior to the assessment from our office (01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here to see a list of our course prices