Core LPG Gas Safety (CCLP1)
A pre-requisite assessment for all other LPG appliance assessments and covers all aspects of gas safety and legislation.
PLEASE NOTE: This is the same qualification required for anyone 're-assessing' their existing LPG CCLP1 qualification.
Anyone who has a core gas safety qualification in Natural Gas (i.e. CCN1, CCCN1, or ) are able to undertake a changeover qualification - CONGLP1.
Course objectives/key benefits
Upon successful completion of the assessment candidates will be able to undertake work on domestic LPG installations, and on appliances, depending upon the appropriate assessments being successfully undertaken.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who intends to work on domestic LPG installations.
Candidates will need to have either successfully completed the QCF Gas Diploma course or Fast Track Gas course, or be able to provide sufficient evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge enabling them to undertake this assessment (i.e. be experienced to Category 1).
Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or e-mail email@example.com for further details.
Assessment of candidate's knowledge, understanding and skills relating to the work they wish to undertake on domestic LPG installations/appliances.
Packages including add-ons are available. Add-ons for domestic LPG installations/appliances available are;
- CENWATLP1 - Domestic LPG Central Heating Boilers and Domestic LPG Water Heaters (PLEASE NOTE: This qualification replaces both the old CENLP1 and WATLP1 qualifications)
- CKRLP1 - Domestic LPG Cookers
- HTRLP1 - Domestic LPG Fires
- LEI1 - Domestic LPG Leisure appliances (i.e. bar-b-ques etc.)
- LAV - Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (PLEASE NOTE: This qualification is required for caravan holiday homes as well as tourer caravans and motorhomes)
- B - Boats
- CMC - Commercial Mobile Catering (PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will also need to hold a core commercial gas qualification or appropriate changeover qualification as well as the relevant COMCAT qualifications)
- HTRLP2 - Closed Flue LPG Gas Fires (Widney and Spinflo fires etc.)
- HTRLP3 - Caravan LPG Gas Fires (Truma caravan fires etc.)
- REFLP2 - Caravan LPG Refrigerators (Electrolux RM122 refrigerators etc.)
- WATLP2 - Caravan LPG Water Heater (Carver Cascade 'under bench' water heaters etc.)
One week should be sufficient to complete this assessment.
However this is dependant on the number of add-ons undertaken.
This is not a training course (assessment only).
Practical assessment and multiple-choice question papers.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment(s) will be certificated under the ACS scheme for the appropriate installations/appliances for which they have been assessed, and will then be able to apply for Gas Safe Registration.
It is an open book assessment and it is therefore highly recommended that candidates undertaking it have a relevant up-to-date gas publication.
Click here to see a list of our course prices