Domestic Natural Gas Individual Appliance Assessments (add-ons)
Assessments for individual domestic natural gas appliances, for anyone wishing to 'add on' to their existing domestic gas qualifications.
Course objectives/key benefits
Upon successful completion of the assessment candidates will be able to undertake work on the domestic natural gas appliances, to which the appropriate assessments successfully undertaken apply.
Who is the course aimed at?
Any existing GAS SAFE registered gas operatives who intend to work on domestic natural gas installations.
Candidates will need to have either successfully completed the Domestic Natural Gas Core Assessment (CCN1) or be able to provide sufficient evidence that they have passed this assessment at another college or assessment centre.
Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or e-mail SWAAT at email@example.com for further details.
Add-ons for domestic natural gas available are;
- CENWAT1 - Domestic Natural Gas Central Heating Boilers and Domestic Natural Gas Water Heaters (Please note: This qualification replaces both the old CEN1 and WAT1 qualifications)
- CKR1 - Domestic Natural Gas Cookers (this also includes hobs and 'Rangemaster' type cooking appliances)
- HTR1- Domestic Natural Gas Fires
- MET2 - Domestic Natural Gas Meters (upto 6m3/hr)
- HWB1 - Swimming Pool Boilers (Please note: this only qualifies the operative to work on natural gas versions of these appliances. If LPG versions are to be commissioned, serviced or safety checked then a changeover - CONGLP1 or a CCLP1 qualification is required)
- DAH1 - Domestic Natural Gas Warm Air Heaters
- LAU1 - Domestic Laundry Appliances
- CKHB1 - Range Cookers (Please note: This qualification is required for 'flued' cookers, not Rangemaster type cookers which are covered by the CKR1 qualification).
- LEI1 - Domestic Natural Gas Leisure appliances (i.e. bar-b-ques etc.) (Please note: this only qualifies the operative to work on natural gas versions of these appliances. If LPG versions are to be commissioned, serviced or safety checked then a changeover - CONGLP1 or a CCLP1 qualification is required)
Generally half a day per 'add-on' undertaken is sufficient.
However, the duration of the assessment(s) depends upon how many and which assessments are being undertaken.
Please contact our office (01579 348544 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for further advice.
This is not a training course (assessment only).
Practical assessment and multiple-choice question papers.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment(s) will be certificated under the ACS scheme for the appropriate installations/appliances for which they have been assessed.
It is an open book assessment and it is therefore highly recommended that candidates undertaking it have an up-to-date gas publication.
Copies of the Viper Gas book can be obtained prior to the assessment from our office (01579 348544 or email@example.com).
Click here to see a list of our course prices