Abrasive Wheels and their safe use
This course is designed to help the individual understand their responsibilities within the workplace and is aimed at persons working with Abrasive Wheels.
It is a legal requirement under The Provision and use of Work Equipment 1998 (PUWER) that all staff who use abrasive wheels receive abrasive wheels training in the safe use of the tools and changing of wheels.
Course objectives/key benefits
The aim of the course is to provide training to comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
Anyone who attends the course should be able to safely select and use abrasive cutting and grinding wheels upon successful completion.PLEASE NOTE: This course can be undertaken 'on-site' at the delegates' premises. Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or email@example.com for further details.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who uses, are likely to use, or manages anyone who uses abrasive wheels (cutters, grinders etc.) but who have limited or no knowledge of the safety requirements or their legal obligations.
There are no entry or pre-requisite requirements to undertaking this course.
- A brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels
- HSE document HSG17
- The correct use of PPE.
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels.
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels.
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels.
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels.
- Electric and Petrol Machines.
- Safe use of the machines and equipment.
- Question papers
- Wheel Selection - Practical
Half a day
Theory and practical workshop
Although there is no formal assessment a question paper related to the use of abrasive wheels and relevant regulations is given to each candidate, along with a number of small practical tasks to complete at the end of the course.
SWAAT Certificate in using abrasive wheel equipment
Candidates will be provided with a training pack
Click here to see a list of our course prices